About The Role
At Cainthus, we work together on talented cross-disciplinary teams to develop original computer vision-enabled products. As a Senior Software Engineer in Test, your technical leadership, creativity and experience in delivering complex products, will improve the operations of dairy farms globally. You will work side by side with world-class computer vision engineers and data scientists in small, multidisciplinary teams solving high impact problems that have global importance in Agritech and the food chain.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to the Cainthus cloud and edge solutions;
- Design, build and maintain software test pipelines;
- Create dashboards to report test results in real-time;
- Advise and mentor developers and teams in software QA best practices;
- Write elegant, well-crafted code;
- Enable and onboard various AWS cloud services;
- Help drive the underlying technology stack and the implementation methodology;
- Contribute to performance tuning and automation across the stack from edge to cloud.
What we’re looking for
- Exceptional attention to detail, with a solid understanding of engineering best practices;
- Deep knowledge of, and experience of implementing test frameworks, ideally in Python builds;
- Solid experience in building robust, high traffic, highly scalable systems in a Linux ecosystem;
- Demonstrated ownership of automated software test pipelines;
- Deep experience with some or all of: CircleCI, TestRails, Jenkins, Selenium, Appium;
- Demonstrable experience in unit testing framework;
- Solid proficiency in AWS ecosystem or similar experience;
- Experience defining, configuring and using CI/CD pipeline tools and applications;
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills;
- An inherent drive to tackle problems, collaborate with others and mentor team members in a fast-paced, high-growth, ever-changing startup environment;
- Strong Relational Database knowledge e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL;
- A track record of solving complex problems with elegant solutions;
- Demonstrated delivery of secure applications
Nice to have
- Experience in multidisciplinary teams that include Data Science, Computer Vision and Machine Learning experts;
- Experience with building Docker container-based systems: familiar with orchestration platforms such as: Kubernetes, AWS ECS, AWS EKSwd.
Value you’ll deliver
- Empowering development teams with tools to fully automate their software testing resulting in more agile development and deployment;
- Dashboards for reporting test results in real-time;
- Fostering a quality first and a test what you build approach to development;
- Reducing development team operational overhead by evaluating, exploring, recommending and enabling better, more automated quality assurance solutions.
What we offer
Joining our team has its rewards. You will be working in Dogpatch Labs, a unique start-up community located in the historic CHQ Building in the heart of Dublin Digital Docklands. Here, you will have the opportunity to attend different events and meetups hosted by the tech community. Our benefits include:
- Fully paid Group Health Cover for you and your immediate family;
- Pension Scheme with 5% company matching;
- 25 days paid holidays per year (21 days flexible and 4 set company days);
- Generous ESOP Scheme;
- Flexible Wellness Benefit;
- Family-Friendly Benefits;
- Sim card linked to Cainthus business plan;
- Bike to Work and Tax Saver schemes;
- Management approved education and career development support.
We are a growing computer vision startup based in Dublin. We are a blend of computer vision specialists, engineers, designers, and data scientists, all from diverse backgrounds. We’re passionate about transforming farming through the use of our technology. We believe in taking ownership and want to be accountable for the work we do. We value transparency. We work together in agile multi-disciplinary teams, and collaborate closely with a group of dairy farmers who ensure that our work has a meaningful impact on their farms. We love learning from each other, solving challenging problems and having fun along the way.