About The Role
At Cainthus, we work together on talented cross-disciplinary teams to develop original computer vision-enabled products. As a Software Engineer, your technical ability, creativity and experience in contributing to complex products, will improve the operations of dairy farms globally. You will work side by side with world-class software engineers, computer vision engineers and data scientists in small, multidisciplinary teams solving high impact problems that have global importance in Agritech and the food chain.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to the Cainthus solution with a focus on front end development;
- Write elegant, well-crafted code (full stack with a focus on front end);
- Implement user experiences using React and in APIs in Python;
- Enable and build on various AWS cloud services;
- Work closely with your team of Engineers, Product Owners and AI Experts to implement and develop engineering best practices;
- Help drive the underlying technology stack and the implementation methodology;
- Contribute to performance tuning and automation.
What we’re looking for
- Experience across the full stack in well-scaled web systems;
- An eye for detail and presentation;
- Experience building and extending building robust, high traffic APIs and web applications;
- A demonstrable love for writing elegant, simple, well-structured code;
- A master of CSS and web design frameworks;
- Experience in Python;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the full test cycle and automated test tools;
- Proficiency with a cloud ecosystem such as AWS;
- Experience using CI/CD pipeline (CircleCI, Jenkins, Code Deploy, etc.) for faster software delivery;
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills;
- An inherent drive to tackle problems, collaborate with others and mentor team members in a fast-paced, high-growth, ever-changing startup environment;
- A track record of solving problems with elegant solutions;
- Demonstrated delivery of secure applications.
Nice to have
- Experience with Redux and Jest;
- Experience with client-side analytics and notification systems;
- Experience with the Django framework.
Value you’ll deliver
- Coding well designed and clean user experiences on web platforms;
- Building on and extending well-architected APIs and back end systems;
- Reducing development team operational overhead by evaluating, exploring, recommending and enabling managed cloud services;
- Emphasis on writing clear, readable, testable, deployable and monitored code for client-side and back end applications.
What we offer
Joining our team has its rewards. You will be working in Dogpatch Labs, a unique start-up community located in the historic CHQ Building in the heart of Dublin Digital Docklands. Here, you will have the opportunity to attend different events and meetups hosted by the tech community. Our benefits include:
- Fully paid Group Health Cover for you and your immediate family;
- Pension Scheme with 5% company matching;
- 25 days paid holidays per year (21 days flexible and 4 set company days);
- Generous ESOP Scheme;
- Flexible Wellness Benefit;
- Family-Friendly Benefits;
- Sim card linked to Cainthus business plan;
- Bike to Work and Tax Saver schemes;
- Management approved education and career development support.
We are a growing computer vision startup based in Dublin. We are a blend of computer vision specialists, engineers, designers, and data scientists, all from diverse backgrounds. We’re passionate about transforming farming through the use of our technology. We believe in taking ownership and want to be accountable for the work we do. We value transparency. We work together in agile multi-disciplinary teams, and collaborate closely with a group of dairy farmers who ensure that our work has a meaningful impact on their farms. We love learning from each other, solving challenging problems and having fun along the way.