About The Role
At Cainthus, we work together on multi-disciplinary teams to develop a state-of-the-art product with computer vision and data science at its core. As a Senior Product Designer in Cainthus, you will be responsible for our product user interface and overall user experience and ensure that this is aligned to deliver successful customer outcomes. You will understand our customers’ problems, and you will work collaboratively to solve problems through innovative and creative designs. You will work closely with product management and developers to realize designs and be responsible for these across the full product lifecycle.
What you’ll do
- Lead design efforts for our products, creating delightful user experiences and developing excellent product design processes;
- Communicate business insights and give meaning to data through visualization in our products;
- Work closely with product management and development teams to define and implement innovative and creative design solutions;
- Develop concepts and original ideas that bring simplicity and ease of use to complex problems;
- Justify design proposals using research, analytics, customer insights, and quantitative/qualitative insights as appropriate;
- Support all aspects of the design through the product development process from ideation through to delivery;
- Ensure we deliver the best usability and user experience in the market through competitive and related research;
- Perform and manage: UX Research, Design workshops, storyboarding, high & low fidelity prototyping, product demos;
- Manage, prioritize and plan design activities within the team;
- Develop and manage a flexible design system and set of guidelines to speed and standardise our development;
- Work closely with developers to deliver design elements needed;
- Develop and manage our customer personas and information architecture.
What we’re looking for
- A minimum of 5 years experience working as a Senior Product Designer or similar role;
- Experience developing designs for data analytics or business intelligence (BI) style software applications;
- A self-starter with the ability to start initiatives and work independently;
- Ability to support the entire product development process, from user understanding to problem-solving through to detailed interaction and visual design;
- Ability to influence product strategy from a design perspective;
- Strong wireframing/prototyping skills;
- Proficiency in industry-standard design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD, or Figma;
- A strong understanding of how to apply design thinking when planning and scoping project work;
- Experience in developing and managing design systems;
- Ability to design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, and widgets;
- Ability to create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches, and tables);
- Strong visual and verbal communication skills;
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills.
Nice to have
- Experience with B2B software development;
- A user-centric, customer-focused mindset;
- A portfolio that demonstrates functional designs across desktop and mobile devices;
- Experience working with front-end developers to deliver design elements needed for implementation;
- Experience partnering with engineers to release features, products, and/or services.
What we offer
Joining our team has its rewards. You will be working in Dogpatch Labs, a unique start-up community located in the historic CHQ Building in the heart of Dublin Digital Docklands. Here, you will have the opportunity to attend different events and meetups hosted by the tech community. Our benefits include:
- Fully paid Group Health Cover for you and your immediate family;
- Pension Scheme with 5% company matching;
- 25 days paid holidays per year (21 days flexible and 4 set company days);
- Generous ESOP Scheme;
- Flexible Wellness Benefit;
- Family-Friendly Benefits;
- Sim card linked to Cainthus business plan;
- Bike to Work and Tax Saver schemes;
- Management approved education and career development support.
We are a growing computer vision startup based in Dublin. We are a blend of computer vision specialists, engineers, designers, and data scientists, all from diverse backgrounds. We’re passionate about transforming farming through the use of our technology. We believe in taking ownership and want to be accountable for the work we do. We value transparency. We work together in agile multi-disciplinary teams and collaborate closely with a group of dairy farmers who ensure that our work has a meaningful impact on their farms. We love learning from each other, solving challenging problems, and having fun along the way.