About The Role
At Cainthus, we work together on multi-disciplinary teams to develop a state of the art product with computer vision and data science at its core. Our vision is to change how agriculture works, solving interesting challenges in interesting ways, and when you join our team, you will have the opportunity to see your ideas directly impact our products.
The Cainthus computer vision and AI platform provides greater visibility into and control over large scale farm operations, empowering farm owners to drive far greater efficiency in a sustainable way across day-to-day operations. As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Cainthus, you will be a central figure to help us continue running our systems and products smoothly as our business scales. You will support systems running on Edge and Cloud infrastructure, ensuring resiliency, reliability, and scalability across the entire estate of infrastructure. And importantly for us, as your career continues to develop, you will influence the growth and direction not only of the Infrastructure team, but of the Cainthus organisation as a whole.
What you’ll do
- Develop and automate an evolving infrastructure for a product that spans edge (IoT) to cloud, making informed technology choices that deliver value sustainably;
- Create and evolve tools for provisioning and configuration management, CI/CD, and instrumentation;
- Work closely with internal teams to translate end-user and internal application requirements into reliable and scalable platforms and features;
- Provide support and guidance around scaling, high availability, performance and security to our software engineers;
What we’re looking for
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field involving systems engineering;
- 4+ years of relevant work experience;
- Practical DevOps experience - Use of CI/CD pipeline tooling, configuration management, containers, orchestration, etc;
- Expert level AWS platform experience - building out cloud platforms, infrastructure, implementing security best practices etc;
- Knowledge of networking protocols/technologies - HTTP(s)/TCP/DNS/Load Balancing/VPN;
- Experience with building Docker container-based systems: familiar with orchestration platforms such as: Kubernetes, AWS ECS, AWS EKS;
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines (CircleCI, Jenkins, Code Deploy, etc.) for faster software delivery;
- Demonstrable prior experience with IaC tools, e.g. Terraform, Packer, CloudFormation;
- Configuration management experience using tools such as Ansible;
- Experience with one or more development languages e.g. Shell Scripting, Python, Go;
- Extensive Linux ecosystem experience;
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills;
- A track record of solving complex problems with elegant solutions;
- Demonstrated delivery of secure applications;
- An inherent drive to tackle problems, collaborate with others, and mentor team members in a fast-paced, high-growth, ever-changing startup environment.
Nice to have
- Experience working with on-premise hardware and infrastructure;
- Experience working with IoT devices and applications;
- Familiarity with MLOps and/or DataOps a bonus.
What we offer
Joining our team has its rewards. You will be working in Dogpatch Labs, a unique start-up community located in the historic CHQ Building in the heart of Dublin Digital Docklands. Here, you will have the opportunity to attend different events and meetups hosted by the tech community. Our benefits include:
- Fully paid Group Health Cover for you and your immediate family;
- Pension Scheme with 5% company matching;
- 25 days paid holidays per year (21 days flexible and 4 set company days);
- Generous ESOP Scheme;
- Flexible Wellness Benefit;
- Family-Friendly Benefits;
- Sim card linked to Cainthus business plan;
- Bike to Work and Taxsaver schemes;
- Management approved education and career development support.
We are a growing computer vision startup based in Dublin. We are a blend of computer vision specialists, engineers, designers, and data scientists, all from diverse backgrounds. We’re passionate about transforming farming through the use of our technology. We believe in taking ownership and want to be accountable for the work we do. We value transparency. We work together in agile multi-disciplinary teams, and collaborate closely with a group of dairy farmers who ensure that our work has a meaningful impact on their farms. We love learning from each other, solving challenging problems, and having fun along the way.