At Cainthus, we work together on multi-disciplinary teams to develop a state-of-the-art product with computer vision and data science at its core. We have an ambitious product roadmap that we need you to deliver! As the Scrum Master, you will lead new rollouts of the product working together with the product and business teams. In your new role, you will be responsible for continuously improving Agile processes in your team and the wider organisation. You will drive our Agile maturity and own a crucial part of our development future.
What you’ll do
- Together with the team, develop a structured Agile environment;
- Ensure teams are following the values and practices of Scrum;
- Lead the standard scrum ceremonies such as sprint planning, release planning, stand-ups, retrospectives, and Scrum of Scrums. Use your experience of advanced collaborative engagement techniques in these ceremonies to create high performing development teams;
- Assist team members (Dev., Ops. etc.) ensuring sprint and release goals are achieved;
- Gather actionable metrics for your team and report at sprint and release level;
- Continuously improve Cainthus ways of working and Agile delivery. Act as a mentor for the team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values;
- Own issue and risk management for projects, working to remove impediments to both the team and the overall release;
- Develop and manage the process roadmap and communicate to all stakeholders;
- Work in close cooperation with the product team and team leads regarding task prioritization and OKR alignment;
- Ensure a good relationship between the team and the product owner as well as others outside the team;
- As a growing fast-moving agile company, expect to pitch in with other responsibilities from time to time also.
What we’re looking for
- Experience as a Scrum Master for at least 5 years with a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory;
- Expert in agile project management and Scrum;
- Savvy in technology, tools and techniques that support agile development (e.g. Jira);
- Practical knowledge in agile development and project delivery practice and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills;
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to tailor communication to the audience;
- Ability to lead and motivate a team;
- Passionate about creating and coaching high performing teams;
- Strong attention to detail.
Nice to Have
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or project management industry qualification;
- Degree or diploma in a relevant field of study, e.g. computer science;
- Experience of working with the latest automation tools in a DevOps and Agile environment.
What we offer
Joining our team has its rewards. You will be working in Dogpatch Labs, a unique start-up community located in the historic CHQ Building in the heart of Dublin Digital Docklands. Here, you will have the opportunity to attend different events and meetups hosted by the tech community. Our benefits include:
- Fully paid Group Health Cover for you and your immediate family;
- Pension Scheme with 5% company matching;
- 25 days paid holidays per year (21 days flexible and 4 set company days);
- Generous ESOP Scheme;
- Flexible Wellness Benefit;
- Family-Friendly Benefits;
- Sim card linked to Cainthus business plan;
- Bike to Work and Taxsaver schemes;
- Management approved education and career development support.
We are a growing computer vision start-up based in Dublin. We are a blend of computer vision specialists, engineers, designers, and data scientists, all from diverse backgrounds. We’re passionate about transforming farming through the use of our technology. We work in agile multi-disciplinary teams and collaborate closely with a group of dairy farmers who ensure that our work has a meaningful impact on their farms. We love learning from each other, solving challenging problems and having fun along the way.