About the Role
At Cainthus, we work together on talented cross-disciplinary teams to develop, sell and implement solutions that solve exciting challenges in the measurement of livestock. As a Field Service Technician, you will be part of our team that installs and certifies the hardware portion of our solution. You will be based in Minnesota, spending the majority of your time on-site at our customers’ farms.
What you’ll do
- Assemble each hardware solution in preparation for an install;
- Physically install the hardware solution on farm;
- Provide in-field repair and maintenance to existing customer installations;
- Assist in maintaining inventory levels at the Minneapolis location;
- Maintain company-issued equipment and tools, keeping them in good working order.
- Comfortable working around farm facilities and livestock;
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment;
- Experience with the installation of network cameras, hardware and cable installation;
- Ability to operate mechanical equipment, hand tools, forklifts;
- Comfortable working at heights (20’-30’ above ground);
- Ability to travel - You will be expected to travel regionally for work (day trips/overnight trips) as required;
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to software programs;
- Standard driver’s license - C class or equivalent;
- Ability to lift 50 lbs;
- Passionate about helping customers;
- Ability to work in the US without need for sponsorship;
- Safe working record
- Clean criminal background
- Knowledge of local internet service providers (ISPs)
- Experience operating boom lifts
- Knowledge of general engineering
- Experience with support ticketing and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
What we offer
Joining our team has its rewards. You will be working in the Upper Midwest region coordinating with the team based in Visalia, California. You will also have colleagues located in our HQ in Dublin-Ireland. Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Annual leave of 15 working days in addition to normal public holidays
- Manager-approved employees’ development & professional subscription costs paid by Cainthus
- Paid Group Health Coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan with matching contribution (after 6-month probation).
We are a growing computer vision start-up based in Dublin - Ireland with regional offices in Visalia - USA. We are a blend of computer vision specialists, engineers, designers, and data scientists, all from diverse backgrounds. We’re passionate about transforming farming through the use of our technology. We work in agile multi-disciplinary teams and collaborate closely with a select group of producers and researchers who ensure that our work has a meaningful impact on farms. We love learning from each other, solving challenging problems and having fun along the way.