About The Role
At Cainthus, computer vision is at the core of the products we build to provide 24/7 observation and intelligent insights for increased profitability and sustainability for livestock production. As a Computer Vision Engineer, you will work on multi-disciplinary teams, alongside product managers, engineers, and designers, to understand the problems that are core to our users’ business and deliver novel solutions based on your expertise and experience in computer vision research and development.
What you’ll do
- Develop innovative solutions to a unique set of computer vision problems;
- Design and develop deep learning models for computer vision use cases such as recognition, object detection, semantic and instance segmentation, tracking, action recognition, etc;
- Cast problems into well-defined components and requirements, and deliver end-to-end development of computer vision solutions;
- Effectively estimate and manage the time and resources required to deliver on research and development;
- Carry out well-reasoned approaches towards data collection, dataset design and maintenance, and model performance evaluation;
- Work together with software engineers to design and develop production-ready computer vision solutions using scalable, performant, reliable, and secure code;
- Optimize models to balance trade-offs between accuracy and computational resource performance;
- Implement integrated monitoring of model performance for reliability and maintenance;
- Work together with product managers, designers, and engineers in the discovery phase to evaluate the feasibility of computer vision solutions to address customer needs;
- Effectively communicate regular development progress and results to team members and stakeholders at varying technical and non-technical levels.
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years industry experience building and deploying computer vision solutions as a Computer Vision Engineer or similar role;
- An excellent understanding of computer vision, machine learning, deep learning, image analysis, and applied statistics;
- Fluent in Python;
- Experienced in common frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, Keras, SciPy, OpenCV, etc);
- Experienced in best practices in machine learning model development, software development, version control, and continuous integration and deployment;
- Experience working on multidisciplinary agile teams;
- Excellent communication skills.
What we offer
Joining our team has its rewards. You will be working in Dogpatch Labs, a unique start-up community located in the historic CHQ Building in the heart of Dublin Digital Docklands. Here, you will have the opportunity to attend different events and meetups hosted by the tech community. Our benefits include:
- Fully paid Group Health Cover for you and your immediate family;
- Pension Scheme with 5% company matching;
- 25 days paid holidays per year (21 days flexible and 4 set company days);
- Generous ESOP Scheme;
- Flexible Wellness Benefit;
- Family-Friendly Benefits;
- Sim card linked to Cainthus business plan;
- Bike to Work and Tax Saver schemes;
- Management approved education and career development support.
We are a growing computer vision startup based in Dublin. We are a blend of computer vision specialists, engineers, designers, and data scientists, all from diverse backgrounds. We’re passionate about transforming farming through the use of our technology. We believe in taking ownership and want to be accountable for the work we do. We value transparency. We work together in agile multi-disciplinary teams, and collaborate closely with a group of dairy farmers who ensure that our work has a meaningful impact on their farms. We love learning from each other, solving challenging problems and having fun along the way.